In the frame of the H2020 project ACCELERATE, CERIC and its project partner ESP are organising the ”Tech for Social Good: How NMR & Ion Beams can help industry solve UN SDGs”, which will be held online on 20 May 2021.
Through the event, experts in NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) and Ion Beam from CERIC’s Partner Facilities will explain how methods for material investigation are useful for solving societal challenges.
According to a recent World Economic Forum and Accenture report ‘Unlocking Digital Value to Society: A new framework for growth’, technology for solving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) is a $12 trillion global opportunity to 2030. Many large corporations now see addressing the UN SDGs as part of their long term mission strategy.
This interactive session is focused on scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs and business leaders interested in cutting-edge structural and material analysis capabilities that can contribute to developing ‘Tech for Good’ solutions. This event will be of particular interest to individuals who require a deeper insight into the functionality or structures of their materials for applications that are relevant to ‘Tech for Good’.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) and Ion Beam experts at leading research facilities in Slovenia and Croatia will explain how industrial R&D can benefit from applying these techniques to help develop solutions that meet both business needs and help solve global societal challenges. This event will showcase how R&D benefits from the use of research facilities and their experts when conventional approaches fail to produce results.
Among others, the event will give you the opportunity to:
- Learn how these techniques can help your company become a leader in developing technologies for social good for example, novel water filters to address SDG 6 – Clean Water and Sanitation, materials to replace plastics (SDG 12), novel batteries, fuel cells and capacitors for a zero-carbon future economy (SDG 7).
- Discover how your company can benefit from collaborating with experts at leading European research facilities and achieve transformational partnerships.
- Network with companies and thought-leaders sharing the same values and interests in Tech for Good.
- Welcome and Introduction to the session
- Introduction to CERIC facilities
- Introduction to NMR and Ion Beam techniques followed by short Q&A
- Achieving real world impact through collaboration (case studies)
- How industry can partner with the Centre (case study)
- Panel Discussion with industry
► Register here.